Whether you would like to make something beautiful for your wedding or just a nice decoration for your home, we think that you would like this step-by-step guide to making an autumnal wreath by Dobbies Garden Centres’ Stylist, Rebecca Stanton.
Autumn is the time to fill your home or your wedding venue with the beautiful colours of nature. You can use this seasonal wreath to spruce up an otherwise bare front door or incorporate it into a wedding ceremony arch or backdrop.
Many thanks to Dobbies for sharing their images and step-by-step tutorial.
You can find all you need to recreate the look in store – including wicker wreath bases for some contemporary country charm. www.dobbies.com
- Artificial stems or dried cuttings, foliage, leaves, flowers
- Acorns (optional)
- Round wicker base or similar (Round Natural Wreath, 20cm, £2.99/ 30cm £4.99 at Dobbies)
- Wire or string
- Cutting tools
Step by Step Guide
1. Choose your foliage, you will need larger stems for your base layer then more delicate stems for your top layer.
2. Arrange your base layer balancing out colour and texture.
3. Create small poses with the more detailed and delicate foliage.
4. Secure the poses in place using wire.
5. Hang on your front door and enjoy!